Diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) are official titles certifying a degree of competence and mastery of the Spanish language, issued by the Spanish Instituto Cervantes on behalf of the Spanish Ministry of Education and Science to participants who have passed a standardised test indicating their level of European Spanish language proficiency.
DELE is an international Spanish public exam. This is the only official Spanish proficiency certificate in the world approved by the Spanish government, as well as by other Spanish-speaking governments. DELE exams are divided into 6 different levels: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2, with C2 being the highest.
In many countries, the DELE certifications have been adopted by government agencies, MNCs, schools and universities as a complement to their own evaluation systems, such that it is used as an entry requirement for non-native Spanish speakers
DELE Spanish Diplomas are official titles certifying degree of competence and mastery of the Spanish language, granted by Spain’s Ministry of Education.
Feel free to take our placement test below if you have Spanish learning before.
DELE A1 Test (Beginner Proficiency)
DELE A2 Test (Elementary Proficiency)
DELE B1 Test (Intermediate Proficiency)
DELE B2 Test (Upper-Intermediate Proficiency)
DELE C1 Test (Advanced Proficiency)
DELE C2 Test (Mastery Proficiency)
Reasons for taking the DELE exam
- DELE diplomas are issued by the Instituto Cervantes (IC) on behalf of the Spanish Ministry of Education.
- The IC provides you with the only official diploma in Spanish international recognised.
- The certificate is recognised by corporations, chambers of commerce, private and educational institutions all over the world.
- Having a DELE certificate will facilitate your job search by adding weight to your CV.
- It will also facilitate the process of obtaining a student visa to Spain or Latin America.
- Likewise, it will give you a competitive advantage at the time of applying for scholarships in Spain or in a Latin American country.
- DELE exams do not expire. They do not have to be renewed, either.